The objective of the BBS programme of Tribhuvan University is to develop students into competent managers for any sector of organized activity. The programme is based on the principle that graduates will spend a major portion of their life in a constantly changing environment. In Nepal 476 colleges offers BBS program with affililation from Tribhuvan University. Therefore, the student should have an opportunity to obtain a broad knowledge of the concepts and reality-based skills underlying the operation and management of organizations. Upon graduation, a student should be equipped to function as a manager in business, industry and government. The graduate should also have a variety of career opportunities in different sectors of business including entrepreneurship and create much needed jobs for others.
The BBS programme specially attempts to:
- Equip the students with the required conceptual knowledge of business and administration to develop a general management perspective in them.
- Develop required attitudes, abilities and practical skill in students, which constitute a foundation for their growth into competent and responsible business managers.
- Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
- Develop necessary foundation for higher studies in management and thereafter take up careers in teaching, research and consultancy.
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|English||Business Communication||Business Environment Strategy||Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development|
|Business Studies||Macro Economics||Fundamental of Financial Management||Business Research Methods-50
|Micro Economics||Cost and Management Accounting||Business Law||Concentration I|
|Cost and Management Accountancy||Fundamentals of Marketing||Taxation and Auditing||Concentration II|
|Principle of Management||Fundamentals of Human Resource Management||Organizational Behavior|
The candidate applying for admission to the BBS programme:
- must have successfully completed the PCL or 10+2 in business/commerce or an equivalent course from a Higher Secondary School Board, or from Tribhuvan University, or from any other University/Board recognized by TU.
- must have studied English as a full paper at the PC level or 10+2 programme.
- must have secured the minimum marks at the PC level or 10+2 programme as prescribed by the Faculty Board or the campus concerned.
- must satisfy any other entry requirements or criteria including the entrance test as prescribed by the Faculty Board or the campus.
The final evaluation of students is done through the annual examination conducted by the Office of the Controller of Examinations, Tribhuvan University. However, for qualifying to appear in the annual examinations, students must meet the following requirements:
- The student must have a minimum of 70 percent attendance of the classes actually held.
- No student will be allowed to appear in the second year final examinations without first appearing in the first year final examinations.
The grading system in the annual examinations is as follows:
- Distinction: 75 Percent
- First Division 60 Percent
- Second Division 45 Percent
- Third Division 35 Percent