Faculty of Education (FoE) is going to introduce four-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) with two specialization subject areas (specialization major and specialization minor subject) in 2072 BS instead of offering single specialization area like in three-year B.Ed. Accordingly, students of four-year B.Ed. programme will have to study on subject area as specialization major and the next as specialization specialization area selecting from among Nepali Education, English Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education (physical science), Health and Physical Education, Population Education, History Education, Geography Education, Economics Education, and Political Science Education. Students may also study one of the courses from among Science Education (Biological Science), Health Education, Physical Education, vocational education, Primary Education, Early Childhood Development Education, Non-formal Education and Education Management as specialization minor. Four-year B.Ed. with annual examination system is a professional as well as academic programme designed for preparing competent teachers who can teach two subjects at secondary level.
Each student must pass 22 courses to earn Four-Year B.Ed.. These courses are divided into four major groups ˗ group 'A' with Communication Skills; group 'B' with Professional Cores Areas; group 'C' with Specialization Major Courses and group 'D' with Specialization Minor Courses. Group 'E' includes Teaching Practice/Practicum
The candidate applying for admission to the B. Ed. programme:
Students with Higher Secondary Education Examination Pass Certificate (HSEEPC, hereafter only HSE) or Proficiency Certificate Level of Tribhuvan University (PCL) or equivalent to HSE/grade 12 pass are eligible for the admission in B.Ed programme. In addition, they need other requirements for the admission in different major subject specialization areas which are as follows:
- Nepali Education
- HSE / Grade 12 pass or PCL with Nepali major with at least 200 marks
- HSE / Grade 12 pass or PCL with English or Linguistics major
- HSE / Grade 12 pass or PCL with 50% marks in General English
- Candidates with HSE / Grade 12 pass or PCL must secure 50% marks in the Entrance Examination conducted by the respective department of the campuses
- HSE / Grade 12 pass or PCL with Mathematics Major containing at least 200 marks
- HSE / Grade 12 pass or PCL with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with at least 100 full marks in each subject
- HSE / Grade 12 pass or PCL with Health & Physical Education
- HSE / Grade 12 pass or PCL with Science or Population or Home Science or Nursing and any other subjects.
- HSE / Grade 12 pass or PCL without health and physical education background must pass the physical fitness related entrance test conducted by the respective department of the campuses.
- The candidate without physical disability will be eligible to study health and physical education.
- HSE / Grade 12 pass or PCL with Population Studies or Geography or Economics or Health and Physical Education or Community Health or Science or Mathematics or Home Science or Civics or Social Service or Nursing or Commerce.
The final evaluation of students is done through the annual examination conducted by the Office of the Controller of Examinations, Tribhuvan University. However, for qualifying to appear in the annual examinations, students must meet the following requirements:
- The student must have a minimum of 70 percent attendance of the classes actually held.
- No student will be allowed to appear in the second year final examinations without first appearing in the first year final examinations.
The grading system in the annual examinations is as follows:
- Distinction: 75 Percent
- First Division 60 Percent
- Second Division 45 Percent
- Third Division 35 Percent